At their meeting in April 2016, members of LAIC defined their ongoing vision and mission, particularly in the light of the Calls to Action and recommendations of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission.
A renewed mission of LAIC in keeping with the principles of mutual respect, understanding, and collaboration, that enhances our relationships and enables us to grow more fully as collaborative and co-operative partners with the Anglican Church of Canada.
1. Keep the Gospel at the centre of the Circle.
2. Respect Indigenous spirituality, recognizing and accepting all expressions of spirituality, both Christian and Traditional.
3. Support Indigenous communities in their determination of what is right for them.
4. Foster relationships between Indigenous and non-Indigenous peoples and share the responsibility for maintaining those relationships.
5. Strive to safeguard the integrity of God’s creation; respect, sustain and renew the life of Mother Earth.
6. Develop ongoing education opportunities with parishes, schools, colleges, and the wider community.